Thursday 10 September 2009

Reading Festival

Them Crooked Vultures on stage at Reading Festival

What a day!


Josh Homme

I got to Reading too late to see Spinnerette, but I made up for it by watching Them Crooked Vultures from side stage.



Josh Homme and Alain Johannes


The Radio 1 tent was packed for the gig. From side stage you could literally see the steam coming from the crowd. It was hot, it was sweaty and it was rock.


John Paul Jones rockin' it


Them Crooked Vultures seemed to really enjoy playing at Reading and the crowd seem to love their material. Dead end friends and Elephant have become favourites of mine, just can't wait to hear the recorded version of the songs.

Dave Grohl says thanks to the crowd


Later in the evening, I watched The Prodigy play the main stage. I've always liked their music, but never seen them live before. Their energy on stage is vibrant. It makes you want to dance around and have a good time. It's definitely a band I would like to see in a smaller venue the next time they play in London.


The headliner of the day was Arctic Monkeys, but I have to admit that I didn't get to see much of it. I would like to know how the show was though, even though I've never been a huge Arctic Monkeys fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment