Friday 27 August 2010

Steinkjerfestivalen- a little piece of Norway

The fog lay low over the river when on of the main atrractions for the day, Thomas Dybdahl, walked on stage at Steinkjerfestivalen.


With a voice that can grab even the coldest heart, he captivated the audience with songs both from his latest album,Waiting For That One Clear Moment, and previous albums. The melancholy of the music seemed to fit the light rain of Steinkjer perfectly.

Some of my favourite moments of the night were From Grace, Cecilia and the beautiful Still My Body Aches that hasn't really been one of my favourite songs until that night.

The next band up was Big Bang, a rock band that has made a name for themselves in Norway, but haven't had their breakthrough outside the borders yet.

I'm sure a lot of Norwegian music lovers will disagree with me on this, but I just can't get engaged with the show they put on. If it's the pouring rain or the music itself that kills my mood for Big Bang, I don't know, but it wasn't a great fit for this night.

Overall, the day was a success with some quality music and good company even if less rain would have been preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment