Tuesday 17 February 2009

Alkaline Trio: a postboarder's perspective

The Alkaline Trio UK forum is a postboard for old, new Alkaline Trio fans and people who are there just from habit. I had a chat with them to find out what kind of music they're into and what they like about Trio.

"We're all really into mid 90s dance music and Chris de Bugger," one of them jokingly told me.
"Aqua all the way," another poster added.

Most of the people I talked to on the Alkaline Trio postboard listen to rock, metal and indie. Among the bands they mentioned that they like are Tellison, Brand New, Bon Iver, The Mars Volta, Funeral For A Friend and Enter Shaikari.

A few of the posters have seen the band several times, up to 20. Among the favourite Trio gigs they have been to are the Camden Barfly gig and the concert at London Astoria in 2005. I doubt I will ever get to go to 20 Alkaline Trio gigs, but hopefully the one I'm going to will be equally good as the other ones.

"I always have an amazing time at Trio gigs- I get sweaty like you wouldn't believe and I sing my little heart out," a poster explained to me, a newbie to Alkaline.

"I saw them in 05 at the Astoria, I was so soaked in sweat," another poster added.

Some of the posters will probably be at the gig at Koko tonight too, singing their hearts out and being soaked in sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment