Sunday 8 February 2009

First artist out

The first artist I'm going to see is Ida Maria. She is a Norwegian musician from a small town called Nesna.

Nesna is as different from London as you possibly can imagine. It's town hidden by a fjord in the northern parts of Norway, close to the place where I use to spend my summer holidays. Her birthplace is part of the appeal of the gig for me, as it is seeing music from home in another country.

Ida Maria became well known in Norway when she won two national music competitions for unknown artists in 2007. After winning those competitions, she got airtime on Norwegian radio stations. Since then, her popularity has been expanded to other countries, such as the UK where she has played various festivals and concerts.

One of her most well know songs is "Oh My God".

It will be interesting to see how she is welcomed when she enters the stage at Koko.




2 comments: