Thursday 12 February 2009

Waiting outside Koko for Ida Maria

Koko in Camden, London, UK

Some of the first people in line for the Ida Maria gig at Koko were some young women from Sweden, Germany and Norway.

Clearly excited, they explained to me that it was one of them who had suggested a girls night at Koko to see Ida Maria.

Annie, Kristina, Annika and Julika outside Koko.


"I like a few of her songs, especially Oh My God," Annika from Germany told me. Oh My God has previously been number 3 on Spin Magazine's list over songs to download. Annika came up with the idea to go to the gig, that way they can experience the song live.

"I had no idea that she comes from Sweden," Annie said, not knowing that Ida Maria is from Norway. Even though the knowledge about the artist maybe isn't that great, she enjoys the music. "I really like that I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked song," she told me.

About the venue, they all agree that "Koko is a cool location." One of the girls has been to another one of the NME Shockwaves gigs at Koko, a tour in connection the music magazine NME's awards. The Ida Maria concert is a part of that tour.

Usually, the girls don't go to a lot of gigs, but their plans for the night is to listen to some good music and have some fun.

"I expect the gig to be both energetic and laid back," Annika explained. Let's hope Ida Maria lived up to their expectations.

1 comment: