Wednesday 18 February 2009

I danced to Alkaline Trio at Koko

Broadway Calls was the first band to enter the stage at Koko last night. They got a good response form the crowd.

The Audition, the next support band, seemed to have a love-hate relationship with the crowd. Some people jumped around while singing all their songs. Others were not pleased, booed the band and made remarks to the band about going to a place well known for being extremely hot.

While standing squeezed in between people, I heard people talking about that the band had actually had been booed off stage the night before. The singer had apparently thrown a hissy fit on stage after that.

Next up was Alkaline Trio, headliner for the night. They went on stage with high energy and played a mixture of new and old songs. Calling all Skeletons, a song off their latest album Agony and Irony was the song chosen to kick the show off.

From the fire of the audience, it's clear that Trio has quite a few hardcore fans in the audience. A lot of people know every word to every song and I spotted at least to men with Alkaline Trio tattoos.

Among my personal favourites, were I Found Away, This Could Be Love and Help Me. They all made me dance, sing and bang my head to the beat.


Turns out a t-shirt soaked with sweat is a good fit for me.

2 comments:

  1. This Could Be Love is a classic. :)

    predictable choice, but I love Stupid Kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is:)

    Stupid Kid is also good. I really like Radio too :)

    ReplyDelete